Thread: Middle Class America Takes on Ride share Giant Uber ?

Middle Class America Takes on Ride share Giant Uber ?

Happy 2016 Middle Class America !

I realize it's been awhile since I've posted / moderated on the forums but I have been busy with a few local board members who have actually been given the opportunity to meet with several state and local legislators in an effort to educate them about the plight of the Middle Class and its possible solutions.

This 2 way dialog will hopefully be the catalyst towards seeing more Middle Class "friendly" legislation... Laws that can help ease the financial suffering of Middle Class People like you and me.

We are also in communications with several large companies who "get" what we are doing here (trying to help the Middle Class) and I am hopeful and optimistic that they will in fact start offering our members and members of the Middle Class a discount on their goods and / or services...

It's a small step, but definitely one in the right direction.

Speaking of direction, we recently received the results of our site and platform critique from a PR and marketing firm that was hired to help is to grow and expand (while most of the "growth" we have done to date has been out of sight and "behind the scenes", it was recommended that we now engage in more public and open display of our actions).

The results of the firm will be implemented shortly and you should see several minor but important changes made both on the home pages and in the structuring of this forum.

As far as changes go, I am happy to announce the arrival of an old acquaintance of mine.

He goes by Uber 1 (Andy) and he has agreed to help bring content and excitement to our community by attempting to do the almost impossible task of organizing drivers in a battle against the corporate ride share giant Uber.

He seeks to encourage Uber to treat their drivers with greater fairness, respect, but most importantly he seeks to help drivers prosper financially by organizing them in protest against Uber's recent fare cuts and fight for more "reasonable" pay.

His historic undertaking is significant in that it shows the utter determination of an abused Middle Class person against the purveyors of oppression and greed....

As Andy gears up to do battle with Uber, we must also realize that his fight is but one battle in the war against the Middle Class.

We must unite as Middle Class people if we are to win the war waged upon our Middle Class finances.

We here at Middle Class America, wish him well in his endeavors and , as in any situation where a Middle Class person feels they have been wronged, we welcome the opportunity to attempt correct that and provide aid and assistance when needed.

Looking forward to a great 2016.

Andrew

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew King View Post
    Happy 2016 Middle Class America !

I realize it's been awhile since I've posted / moderated on the forums but I have been busy with a few local board members who have actually been given the opportunity to meet with several state and local legislators in an effort to educate them about the plight of the Middle Class and its possible solutions.

This 2 way dialog will hopefully be the catalyst towards seeing more Middle Class "friendly" legislation... Laws that can help ease the financial suffering of Middle Class People like you and me.

We are also in communications with several large companies who "get" what we are doing here (trying to help the Middle Class) and I am hopeful and optimistic that they will in fact start offering our members and members of the Middle Class a discount on their goods and / or services...

It's a small step, but definitely one in the right direction.

Speaking of direction, we recently received the results of our site and platform critique from a PR and marketing firm that was hired to help is to grow and expand (while most of the "growth" we have done to date has been out of sight and "behind the scenes", it was recommended that we now engage in more public and open display of our actions).

The results of the firm will be implemented shortly and you should see several minor but important changes made both on the home pages and in the structuring of this forum.

As far as changes go, I am happy to announce the arrival of an old acquaintance of mine.

He goes by Uber 1 (Andy) and he has agreed to help bring content and excitement to our community by attempting to do the almost impossible task of organizing drivers in a battle against the corporate ride share giant Uber.

He seeks to encourage Uber to treat their drivers with greater fairness, respect, but most importantly he seeks to help drivers prosper financially by organizing them in protest against Uber's recent fare cuts and fight for more "reasonable" pay.

His historic undertaking is significant in that it shows the utter determination of an abused Middle Class person against the purveyors of oppression and greed....

As Andy gears up to do battle with Uber, we must also realize that his fight is but one battle in the war against the Middle Class.

We must unite as Middle Class people if we are to win the war waged upon our Middle Class finances.

We here at Middle Class America, wish him well in his endeavors and , as in any situation where a Middle Class person feels they have been wronged, we welcome the opportunity to attempt correct that and provide aid and assistance when needed.

Looking forward to a great 2016.

Andrew
    HI,

Thanks for the opportunity to do this on your site and thanks for you willingness to help me and others.

I have been working a lot of hours at my job lately but I have started generating more concrete plans towards the Uber "strike".

Any idea when you will add the forum section for the Uber strike plans?...I am anxious to start posting when you do.

Thanks!

Andy

I used Uber the other day and I asked my driver if he thought his pay was fair.

She said Uber takes about 25% of her money and an additional fee of a dollar or two on top of that.

I had no idea that Uber took so much of a driver's pay.

She even told me that people don't often tip since Uber says not to ?

I really thought drivers were making such good money I had even thought of signing up myself but now I am not so sure.

any ideas on this?

I'm with you on the organizing bro....let me know if you need me to do anything...I'm all about getting better pay from Uber!

Quote Originally Posted by Uber1 View Post
    HI,

Thanks for the opportunity to do this on your site and thanks for you willingness to help me and others.

I have been working a lot of hours at my job lately but I have started generating more concrete plans towards the Uber "strike".

Any idea when you will add the forum section for the Uber strike plans?...I am anxious to start posting when you do.

Thanks!

Andy

Hi,

I just had the webmaster make a forum section for you under the category Advocacy and Organizing.

Yours is the first (and probably biggest) we will have the honor of hosting on this site....

Good luck with your organizing and willingness to help members of the Middle Class.

Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Andrew

Hi,

I am closing this thread so future postings / conversations can go into more appropriate sections within this forum.

I may move posts that are here to more appropriate sections in the future but please do continuing posting and interacting with one another....

The only was we can survive as a group (Middle Class) is if we communicate with one another for the common good.

Thanks for your continued interest and support of this forum.

Andrew

PS - Since a lot of the posts here are about Uber , I wanted you to know there is now a section under Middle Class Organizing and Advocacy that specifically deals with Uber.
    Last edited by Andrew King; 01-17-2016 at 11:29 AM.